Making The Difference
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with SHE Tribe. Below you will find a link to a Volunteer Application and a Background Check Authorization. All applications and references must be e-mailed to SHE VET, iNSPIRES, at least three weeks prior to training.
People volunteering time and talents are the lifeblood of SHE VET iNSPIRES. A variety of volunteers work diligently in every capacity – including blogging, mentorship, board membership, office administration, and much more. The need for volunteers in every capacity remains great. Our goal is to help women find their voice and become expressive using the capacity of media platform. Volunteering will also assist her with filling the time-space gap between employment while learning or practicing new skills. We need your time and talents. Contact us today!
- Be in touch via phone, text or e mail with your mentee at least once a week
- Meet up with your mentee once a month
- Listen to your mentee. Allow your mentee to formulate ideas through active listening and guide her through the process
- Give personal examples from your own life where you have learned through mistakes
- Listen more than talk (sometimes, this alone is enough)
- Judgement free; accept your mentee in spite of her past mistakes
- Help your mentee study or review her coursework
- Enjoy an outing with a mentee and her child(ren) such as an art museum, visit to the zoo or walk in the park.
- Check in with your SHE Society facilitator if you see any red flags concerning your mentee’s progress
- Create, plan, and orchestrate an event to build awareness for the programs offered by SHE Society.
- Assist at one of our yearly events
- Invite your friends to one of our socials
- Help us find grants and company donations for our program
- Help with our fundraisers
- Social media