Making The Difference
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with SHE Tribe. Below you will find a link to a Volunteer Application and a Background Check Authorization. All applications and references must be e-mailed to SHE VET, iNSPIRES, at least three weeks prior to training.
People volunteering time and talents are the lifeblood of SHE VET iNSPIRES. A variety of volunteers work diligently in every capacity – including blogging, mentorship, board membership, office administration, and much more. The need for volunteers in every capacity remains great. Our goal is to help women find their voice and become expressive using the capacity of media platform. Volunteering will also assist her with filling the time-space gap between employment while learning or practicing new skills. We need your time and talents. Contact us today!
- Be in touch via phone, text or e mail with your mentee at least once a week
- Meet up with your mentee once a month
- Listen to your mentee. Allow your mentee to formulate ideas through active listening
- Give personal examples from your own life where you have learned through mistakes
- Go over course work and if you notice that she is not fulfilling her school obligations and/or is slipping in her College course work, suggest that she notify The Pink Berets and ask for a tutor
- Listen more than talk
- Judgement free; accept your mentee in spite of her past mistakes
- Help your mentee study or review her coursework
- Enjoy an outing with a mentee and her child(ren) such as a museum, zoo or park.
- Check in with your Pink Berets facilitator if you see any red flags concerning your mentee’s progress
- Create, plan, and orchestrate an event to build awareness for the program offered by SHE Society.
- Assist at one of our yearly events
- Invite your friends to one of our fundraisers
- Help us find grants and company donations for our program
- Data entry
- Thank you letters & tax receipts
- Social media